President Barack Obama’s Accomplishments Thus Far: http://www.hopeandchange.net/2009/11/90-accomplishments-of-obama.html
Obama’s accomplishments are amazing given this: Bills Republicans Have Blocked- http://www.addictinginfo.org/?p=284 Fox News lies so much that Canadian law bars them from broadcasting there http://t.co/9r5BMyj
This is about You, your children, and your grandchildren! Why and how ALL constitutional rights for corporations should be addressed, see Why Abolish All Corporate Constitutional Rights and Not All Responses to Citizens United Are The Same.
“Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”–Ronald Reagan
The enemies are corporations that pay no taxes and violate labor, environmental and public safety laws as much as they can get away with – NOT unions or government. Do you want this flag? http://tinyurl.com/4eezodl (Watch The Grapes of Wrath to remind yourself of what life in the US was like before we had labor laws and other important regulations that DO protect us when they are complied with.)
What kind of life do you want for yourself, your children and your grandchildren? Here are some comparisons of labor benefits, compensation and other workplace issues in the US as compared to other nations in the world: http://www.bls.gov/fls/charts.htm
What is True and Not True About the US Government: http://www.governmentisgood.com/feature.php?fid=14
Do you want your elected officials to have excellent government healthcare while you do not? http://www.pnhp.org/news/2010/july/improve-and-strengthen-medicare-by-expanding-it-to-all
Paul Krugman on our divided nation http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/14/opinion/14krugman.html?_r=3&hp
The War on Logic – Paul Krugman. http://nyti.ms/hUHgR9
The global class struggle today http://bit.ly/hPgjo9
In the 1960s, this company didn’t deny it was causing global warming or that climate change exists…it was proud of it http://bit.ly/b6djV3
Confidentiality Settlements Hide Dangerous Corporate Behavior http://bit.ly/eqfHqL
Did you know the author of the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance was a Socialist named Francis J. Bellamy: http://bit.ly/g54Q10
TeaParty Patron Saint, Ayn Rand, Applied for Social Security Medicare Benefits http://bit.ly/hipWVK
RNC – A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Koch’s Industry http://adf.ly/NpKy
Rachel Maddow: In America Today, Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower Would Be Bernie Sanders.. http://bit.ly/ffSivb
Conservatism is a Mental Illness: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/aug/13/usa.redbox
Want to vote for “Family Values”? – Avoid the GOP! http://www.republicansexoffenders.com/
Slavery and Indentured Servitude: The First Labor System the United States had. The harmful effects of both of these remain with us in the US to this day. Responsible voters will watch the entire documentary “Eyes On the Prize” to learn how slavery continues to affect us all. http://to.pbs.org/TA1ga
Although slavery was outlawed in the 1800s, our labor system remains affected by it. Additionally, discrepancies between different racial groups in workplaces and in terms of wealth and education are also outcomes of slavery that remain with us.
Modern-day slavery remains a problem in the US and worldwide; human trafficking is a serious problem. Responsible voters will learn all they can about this and take action to be a modern-day abolitionist. http://www.endhumantrafficking.org/
The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/trianglefire/
The Colorado CoalField Wars: http://www.du.edu/ludlow/index.html
BP – a LONG list of workplace safety violations: http://www.publicintegrity.org/articles/entry/2085/
Massey: Employees Unlawfully Retaliated Against for Raising Safety Concerns: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/0406/Massey-Energy-West-Virginia-mine-explosion-site-s-checkered-past
Historians: Unions, bargaining old as America http://bit.ly/iedZC9
Please read, learn and share this important US Labor History ALL Americans should know! http://workplacecredibleactivist.wordpress.com/labor-history-everyone-should-learn/
Remain updated on how your elected officials vote on Labor and other issues: Sign up to see how your elected officials vote on various issues: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/megavote/ Make sure you tell them you want workers’ rights to be protected and improved – not gutted by the GOP who are destroying workers’ rights because they accept large campaign donations from the Koch Brothers and other corporations.
Top 10 Worst Things about the Republicans’ Immoral Budget
The Republican budget would:
1. Destroy 700,000 jobs, according to an independent economic analysis.
2. Zero out federal funding for National Public Radio and public television.
3. Cut $1.3 billion from community health centers–which will deprive more than three million low-income people of health care over the next few months.
4. Cut nearly a billion dollars in food and health care assistance to pregnant women, new moms, and children.
5. Kick more than 200,000 children out of pre-school by cutting funds for Head Start.
6. Force states to fire 65,000 teachers and aides, dramatically increasing class sizes, thanks to education cuts.
7. Cut some or all financial aid for 9.4 million low- and middle-income college students.
8. Slash $1.6 billion from the National Institutes of Health, a cut that experts say would “send shockwaves” through cancer research, likely result in cuts to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s research, and cause job losses.
9. End the only federal family planning program, including cutting all federal funding that goes to Planned Parenthood to support cancer screenings and other women’s health care.
10. Send 10,000 low-income veterans into homelessness by cutting in half the number of veterans who get housing vouchers this year.
1. “GOP spending plan would cost 700,000 jobs, new report says,” The Washington Post, February 28, 2011
2. “GOP budget would cut funding for public broadcasting,” The Washington Independent, February 14, 2011
3. “NACHC Statement in Response to the Budget from the House Appropriations Committee,” National Association of Community Health Centers website, accessed March 4, 2011
4.”Bye Bye, Big Bird. Hello, E. Coli.,” The New Republic, February 12, 2011
House Republican Spending Cuts Target Programs For Children And Pregnant Women
5. “Obama and the GOP’s Spending Cuts: Where’s the Outrage?” Mother Jones, February 18, 2011
7. “Deficit Reduction on the Backs of the Most Vulnerable,” Center for American Progress, March 2011
8. “The GOP Budget and Cancer–Why New Research Is at Risk,” Politics Daily, February 27, 2011
“Republican Budget Cuts at Heart of Medical Research: Albert Hunt,” Bloomberg, February 20, 2011
“Durbin: Cuts to NIH put research jobs at risk,” Business Week, February 28, 2011
9. “GOP Spending Plan: X-ing Out Title X Family Planning Funds,” Wall Street Journal, February 9, 2011
10. “House GOP Spending Cuts Would Prevent 10,000 Low-Income Veterans From Receiving Housing Assistance,” Think Progress, March 1, 2011
Copyright 2011 Denise A Romano – Reproduction allowed with copyright intact and inclusion of this blog address
There is so much more info to add and it will be added as my health allows.
More Coming Soon