1. GOP claims to support citizens’ rights to privacy – YET – GOP is largely comprised of persons who think it is their right to tell others whether they can or cannot have abortions, which are legal and which have been happening for thousands of years.
2. GOP claims to support citizens’ rights to privacy – YET – GOP is largely comprised of persons who think it is their right to tell other consenting adults who they may love and have sex with.
3. GOP often wrongly claims the US is a “Christian Nation”; it isn’t. Read the Constitution. http://tiny.cc/8f74g Getting on Message-Challenging The Christian Right From the Heart of the Gospel
4. GOP is largely comprised of persons who claim to be “pro-life” yet GOP is also largely comprised of those who wish to go to war, surge troop levels, and deny funding for Veterans’ medical care and other benefits.
5. GOP claims to want the best military in the world YET ignores the fact that allowing LGBT soldiers to serve openly would strengthen the US military.
6. GOP claims to care about the deficit yet wants to keep Bush Tax Cuts, which will only increase the deficit.
The enemies are corporations that pay no taxes and violate labor, environmental and public safety laws as much as they can get away with – NOT unions or government. Do you want this flag? http://tinyurl.com/4eezodl (Watch The Grapes of Wrath to remind yourself of what life in the US was like before we had labor laws and other important regulations that DO protect us when they are complied with.)
7. Republicans Say Everything the Dems Pass Is Unconstitutional — Even Policies They’ve Championed for Decades |AlterNet – http://goo.gl/xPcrH
8. So much for “Family Values”! http://www.republicansexoffenders.com/
9. Conservatism as Mental Illness: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/aug/13/usa.redbox10
10. GOP Tax-Cuts are only for millionaires and make the US deficit GROW – http://handthatfeedsyou.blogspot.com/2010/12/why-extending-w-tax-cuts-was-nonsense.html
11. GOP opposes financial regulations that would have prevented 2008 recession/depression: Wall St. crashed the economy, cost u & your state $$$. Create/Send your bill 2 their debt collectors http://bit.ly/eKwci4
12. The GOP has always been against labor rights, worker protections and rights, and improvements for workers: Please read, learn and share this important US Labor History ALL Americans should know! http://workplacecredibleactivist.wordpress.com/labor-history-everyone-should-learn/
13. Don’t vote for the American political party that says what Hitler said: ” We must reduce workers’ salaries and take away their right to strike.” ~Adolf Hitler, May 2, 1933
14. Remain updated on how your elected officials vote on Labor and other issues: Sign up to see how your elected officials vote on various issues: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/megavote/ Make sure you tell them you want workers’ rights to be protected and improved – not gutted by the GOP who are destroying workers’ rights because they accept large campaign donations from the Koch Brothers and other corporations.
Bills Republicans Have Blocked- http://www.addictinginfo.org/?p=284 The Immorality of the GOP’s proposed budget:
Top 10 Worst Things about the Republicans’ Immoral Budget
The Republican budget would:
1. Destroy 700,000 jobs, according to an independent economic analysis.
2. Zero out federal funding for National Public Radio and public television.
3. Cut $1.3 billion from community health centers–which will deprive more than three million low-income people of health care over the next few months.
4. Cut nearly a billion dollars in food and health care assistance to pregnant women, new moms, and children.
5. Kick more than 200,000 children out of pre-school by cutting funds for Head Start.
6. Force states to fire 65,000 teachers and aides, dramatically increasing class sizes, thanks to education cuts.
7. Cut some or all financial aid for 9.4 million low- and middle-income college students.
8. Slash $1.6 billion from the National Institutes of Health, a cut that experts say would “send shockwaves” through cancer research, likely result in cuts to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s research, and cause job losses.
9. End the only federal family planning program, including cutting all federal funding that goes to Planned Parenthood to support cancer screenings and other women’s health care.
10. Send 10,000 low-income veterans into homelessness by cutting in half the number of veterans who get housing vouchers this year.
1. “GOP spending plan would cost 700,000 jobs, new report says,” The Washington Post, February 28, 2011
2. “GOP budget would cut funding for public broadcasting,” The Washington Independent, February 14, 2011
3. “NACHC Statement in Response to the Budget from the House Appropriations Committee,” National Association of Community Health Centers website, accessed March 4, 2011
4.”Bye Bye, Big Bird. Hello, E. Coli.,” The New Republic, February 12, 2011
House Republican Spending Cuts Target Programs For Children And Pregnant Women
5. “Obama and the GOP’s Spending Cuts: Where’s the Outrage?” Mother Jones, February 18, 2011
7. “Deficit Reduction on the Backs of the Most Vulnerable,” Center for American Progress, March 2011
8. “The GOP Budget and Cancer–Why New Research Is at Risk,” Politics Daily, February 27, 2011
“Republican Budget Cuts at Heart of Medical Research: Albert Hunt,” Bloomberg, February 20, 2011
“Durbin: Cuts to NIH put research jobs at risk,” Business Week, February 28, 2011
9. “GOP Spending Plan: X-ing Out Title X Family Planning Funds,” Wall Street Journal, February 9, 2011
10. “House GOP Spending Cuts Would Prevent 10,000 Low-Income Veterans From Receiving Housing Assistance,” Think Progress, March 1, 2011
11. “How the Gingrinch Stole Childhood” http://twitpic.com/7r80xc
Copyright Denise A. Romano 2011. Republication permitted with copyright intact. Thanks.
If you want to connect with me on LinkedIN: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=30395964&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
More Coming Soon.